Powerful and Inspirational Quotes to Live By!
2. “See the world as it is, not as you wish it would be”
3. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”
4. “To risk life to save a smile on a face of a woman or a child is the secret of chivalry.”
5. “Never assume that the person you are dealing with is weaker or less important than you are. Some people are slow to take offense, which may make you misjudge the thickness of their skin, and fail to worry about insulting them. But should you offend their honor and their pride, they will overwhelm you with a violence that seems sudden and extreme given their slowness to anger. If you want to turn people down, it is best to do so politely and respectfully, even if you feel their request is impudent or their offer ridiculous.”
6. “You should base everything on what you see with your own eyes, hear with your own ears and feel with your own heart. Period. Always believe what you KNOW about a person, not what you HEAR.”
1. Never put off to tomorrow what you can do to-day.
2. Never trouble another with what you can do yourself.
3. Never spend your money before you have it.
4. Never buy a thing you do not want, because it is cheap, it will be dear to you.
5. Take care of your cents: Dollars will take care of themselves.
6. Pride costs us more than hunger, thirst and cold.
7. We never repent of having eat too little.
8. Nothing is troublesome that one does willingly.
9. How much pain have cost us the evils which have never happened.
10. Take things always by their smooth handle.
11. Think as you please, and so let others, and you will have no disputes.
12. When angry, count 10. before you speak; if very angry, 100.”
8. “What you seek is seeking you.”
9. “Money is only a human invention.”
10. “To hide feelings when you are near crying is the secret of dignity.”
11. Life is not a problem to be solved, but a reality to be experienced.
12. Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor.
13. “The quickest way to double your money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket.”
15. In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.