Ayurveda is the science of natural healing, the traditionally practised medicine in India. According to Ayurveda, the secret to healthy, shiny and smooth hair is the regular oil massage. But the question that comes up next is which oil to choose? Ayurveda has introduced us to many benefitting herbs that heal various ailments, slow and steady. One of the most revered herbs in Ayurveda for hair ailments is Bhringraj, popularly known as the ‘King Of Herbs’. The oil developed from the Bhringraj herb is especially known to be excellent for hair. The benefits of using Bhringraj hair oil are numerous. Let’s discuss how and when to use the Bhringraj hair oil for beautiful hair.
Benefits of Bhringraj Hair Oil
Bhringraj has been defined as the panacea of all hair troubles in the Indian medicinal science, Ayurveda. Its leaves are an efficient liver cleanser apart from promoting hair growth. Here are the benefits of Bhringraj hair oil-
- The antifungal anti-microbial properties in Bhringraj help reduce dandruff and treat dry scalp.
- The oil when massaged on the scalp increases blood circulation in the roots and activates the hair follicles which promote hair growth.
- Bhringraj oil massage helps in reducing stress-induced hair fall because it is a natural stress buster. It cooldowns your head and relaxes the mind and body, effectively reducing stress. A head massage before bed at night would result in great sleep and less hair loss in the morning. Its magnesium content is known for its relaxant properties.
- Regular usage of the oil may help in the slowing down the greying of hair. Bhringraj leaves are often used in hair dyes combined with Amla, Aretha, Indigo, etc.
- Bhringraj is rich in Vitamin E which is known for its innumerable skin and hair-growth properties.
- It is known for improving hair quality and preventing split ends. Regular application of Bhringraj results in lustrous and smooth hair.
Availability & Usage
The oil from this herb is easily available in the market for direct usage, but you can also make it at home if you so prefer. Just mix the sun-dried leaves (2-3 days) from Bhringraj herb to coconut or sesame oil, or the oil of your choice and let it sun dry till the oil turns green in colour. The process of making Bhringraj hair oil takes time. Suppose you’re someone who cannot spare the time, better to purchase it from the market. It is available in both powdered and capsule form. The oil should be stored at room temperature and avoid excess and direct heat. Direct sun exposure could make oil repugnant.
- Massage the oil directly onto your scalp with your fingertips ina circular motion and let it rest for an hour. Rinse, shampoo and let your hair air dry.
- You can also use the powder to make a hair mask by mixing it in water, curd or other oils and apply it for 30 minutes and then rinse.
Do you use Bhringraj? What results have you seen? Share with me in the comments! If not, what are you waiting for? Try it now for smooth and healthy hair!
That’s all for today, folks!
Until next time, be kind to one another!