Moving on to how you can make this day memorable:
1. Make small friendship day cards for your closest friends! Please be open in your expression and spill out your heart to them! Nothing’s better than a handmade card!
2. One cute gesture can be to buy small things for your friends like chocolates, bouquet or a cake! And how about leaving the gift anonymously for added intrigue!
3. Rekindle the old friendships, send some texts and make some calls! Dig the numbers out and ring up your oldest friends. Don’t forget to ring up your new friends in the process, though! 😜
4. Take all your friends to a photo studio or bring out the photographer in you and make some picture memories to cherish forever!
We were supposed to be doing this but since I’m bed ridden… 🙁
5. Invite your closest buddies over for a sleepover! Rent some movies, plan out games and arrange for chips, chocolate, cold drinks and other goodies! If possible bring some blankets outside and watch the stars.
6. A picnic is always a fun idea, and great for all ages. If your group loves adventure you may plan activities such as bowling, golf, boating, river rafting, trekking, cricket or going to the beach. 💁
7. Assemble the best and the craziest of your memories and make a snap book or a movie (which I did on my last to last friendship day and it was a total success)!
Yes, took a lot of effort but the smile and happiness on every face that I showed it to took away the tiredness!
8. Find the craziest pictures possible, post it on your blog/Facebook tagging all your friends with a message about how much you cherish their presence in your life! ❤
9. Cooking parties are even more fun when with friends! Gather in a kitchen and invent new recipes by adding the flavours of every different hand! Make some new things, post it on the Web as the new friendship day dish!
10. Clear up old gruffs and greet the people you once were friends with! Don’t let some stupid misunderstandings make your day any less awesome than it can be!! ✌
1. Karan Raote from Mumbai says,”Instead of just celebrating with close friends, the ones you hang out with all the time try calling and connecting with old lost friends or just acquaintances or make new friends. The reason I suggested this idea was that we always meet with close/best friends and hang out. We don’t need a reason for us to do that. So how would ‘friendship day’ be special if we do the same thing, we do regularly. There are some long lost school friends or acquaintances we don’t talk to, normally. Even for us to get in touch with them we need some occasion or some important reason. Why not use ‘Friendship Day’ as the reason for us to bond with them. That’s the whole idea.”
3. Hemant Kapur, a B.com graduate from Chandigarh feels that doing something special for friends is usually what happens on birthdays and every other occasion! We have decided to all hit up the bed and watch classic friendship movies like Dil chahta hai or Rock On or Yaar Anmulle ( based on friendship) with buddies!
Wishing you all a Happy Friendship Day, once again! Share your ideas of fun in the comments!
Have a Blast!