- Shampoo Carefully- During summers, your hair is extra sensitive and super dry. Over-shampooing because of sweat can cause your hair to lose all the essential nutrients and oils that it naturally generates. It eventually leads to the generation of excessive oil. Shampoo in 2-3 days if you can’t help it, but make sure to nourish your hair and use a mild shampoo
- Condition Definitely- Conditioning, however, is a must during summers. The summer heat rips your hair off of any moisture when exposed directly to the sun. Deep-conditioning once a week should be on your to-do list. You can also go for a conditioning-wash and avoid the shampoo for 3-4 days. Just wash your hair and apply a replenishing conditioner for 2 mins. Rinse it properly and you’re all done!
- Add Hot-Oil Rinse To Your Routine- Use any oil of your choice, coconut, olive, etc and heat it up. After shampooing, put the oil in your hair from ends to root and rinse. Condition afterward and see the magic.
- Dry Wash- Washing your hair isn’t the only way to get rid of the oil. It only leads to a greasy aftermath as mentioned above. Turn to dry shampoos for quick and healthy hair washes. You can even use baby talcum powder- sprinkle it and comb it out- as a dry shampoo!
- Explore Lighter Hair-dos- Long hair requires extensive hair-dos, but the trends have changed, and ponytails, braids, and buns have made a great comeback. Light ponytails, side braids, messy buns etc., not only look cool but also let you enjoy the summers without that extra sweat on the back of your neck. If you have short hair, you can try styling in summer with hair extensions and crocheted braids.
- Avoid Heat-based Styling- Using styling products on your hair in summers unless absolutely necessary is a sin, a sin you shouldn’t willingly commit if you care for your hair. Most styling products are heat-based and expose your hair to more heat which results in momentary salvation to your self-esteem and permanent damage to your hair. Blow-drying is a strict no-no, stick to air-drying your hair.
- Say Yes To Fluids- Summer’s don’t just affect your outer appearance, but also your body. Similarly, your hair needs both, tropical as well as internal nourishment and protection. Make sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated through and through. Instead of juices, try to eat the fruits and vegetables and take all of their nutrients which are lost during the juicing process.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. However, the opinions shared below strictly belong to the author. Summer this year has surely topped off all its previous records. If it scores any higher, we’d be living underwater, at the very bottom of the ocean. Summer doesn’t just mean sunny days and ice cream, it also means sweaty days and power cuts. While everybody has their own set of problems in summer, there is one fraternity that suffers a lot more than others, people with long hair. The hair care routine becomes stringent; to normally carry the long hair in summers is a task in itself. So, here we are with a few summer hair care tips for long hair that you should definitely stick to if you want to keep your hair healthy. Summer Hair Care Tips For Long Hair: