Turn Your Morning From Good to Gold with Morning Rituals!
Are you a morning person?
Sometimes I find it hard to answer this question because I’m as much of a night owl as I am a morning person!
As my chartered accountancy exams approach at a speed of 15 hrs/day, my mornings are half of the time groggy, unproductive and messy. The rest are, well, Gold!
Surprised? Let me tell you how:
To kick start a great day full of energy, I follow my morning rituals to make sure I leave no stone unturned to make it as productive as it can be. Morning routines are not just the foundation for your day, but also instil in you a sense of purpose, peace and a stronger foothold for the accomplishment of your day’s goals.
At this point, for me, time is of the absolute essence as I do not have a single minute to spare owing to my exams. All my day’s hours are accounted for the day before and a little up and down in the same messes up the whole routine. So, to make sure that I follow the schedules I make, I try to wake up, at least, half an hour earlier.
So, here’s how I turn my mornings from good to gold:
- Wake up at 5:30 a.m. to my favorite tunes.
- Drink 1L water.
- Splash cold water on the face.
- Brush teeth.
- Morning tea.
- Exercise for 30 min.
- Do Yoga or Meditate for 10 min.
- Complete my morning schedule (study).
- Breakfast, mostly cornflakes/chocos with milk.
I have been following this schedule for a month now and this sure makes my mornings happening.
Not only does it ensures a great start of the day, but also helps me put my time to the right use. I wrote this post in the morning using the extra time I had! 🙂
- Wake up at least 10 minutes earlier.
- Drink lots of water and take a walk. These activities set the metabolism going and energises your insides, doing away with the drowsiness.
- Drink tea/coffee. A little caffeine in the morning is a sure shot booster.
- Keep your phone off-limits.
- Instead of loud beeping alarms, set your favorite mild tunes. Snooze, you loose.
Recently, I received this beautiful hamper from Colgate that has helped me all the more in making my good mornings gold.
Contents: A dark gold mug, flask and a Colgate 360˚ Charcoal Gold Toothbrush.
What is your morning ritual? Don’t have one yet? Set one now!
Share it in the comments!